By Helen Bradford, Contributing Author , beauty, health and style trends for women expert
They say that beauty comes from within. A healthy diet and emotional satisfaction will make your skin radiant, there’s no doubt about it. However, that doesn’t mean that you should neglect your skincare routine. Applying a high-quality moisturizer is as equally important as the choice of food you consume. Also, some people are battling skin problems like acne or skin discoloration that simply can’t be solved with nutrition. Having healthy and glowing skin has been one of the leading definitions of beauty in 2019. Sure, perfect skin is always in style, but how can you achieve that? Here are some of this year’s top tips on skincare trends that will help you get youthful-looking skin you’ve always wanted.
1. Every skincare routine needs retinol.
The beauty community has been buzzing about this ingredient for quite some time now, and for a good reason. It’s not only an essential ingredient in anti-aging products but it can be your best ally if you’re dealing with acne. So, you’re probably wondering what exactly is retinol? It’s a form of vitamin A that is used in lotions, creams, and serums. It exfoliates the skin and boosts collagen production. Also, it improves skin texture, together with fine line and wrinkles and it helps unclog the pores. It’s one super ingredient that delivers on all fields.
2. The hype of beauty rollers.
It seems that everybody is talking about them. Facial rollers are tools designed to massage your facial muscles and give you a smoother and brighter complexion. How exactly do they work? Well, by increasing the circulation they bring more fresh oxygen and nutrients to your face. This helps your skin to get rid of the toxins, and self-rejuvenate itself. Jade, amethyst and rose quartz are the most popular beauty rollers on the market, and all of them will help you achieve different results. Rose quartz will cool your face while jade will warm it up. Rollers are also an excellent addition to your skincare routine since they’ll help your skin better absorb the products.
3. Schedule a visit with a skincare specialist.
Treating acne scars or other skin problems require professional treatment. The first thing you need to do is to find a good skin care specialist. Look for a specialized center that offers for different skin disorders. Some of those treatments include:
- Microneedling is a treatment that uses a small needle-studded roller on the surface of the scars. When the needle punctures the numb skin it triggers the production of collagen.
- Chemical peels use a strong acid to remove the top layer of the skin. Chemical peels are used for all types of scares, especially the deep ones.
- Fillers are used for filling in the scars and to help even the skin surface. There’s a great variety of fillers available. They can be made with collagen, your own fat or they can be commercial fillers. Most fillers need to be redone somewhere between 6 and 18 months but there are also permanent ones.
- Dermabrasion is probably one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It deeply exfoliates the top layer of the skin by using a wire brush or a wheel. It’s best for shallow boxcar or rolling scars.
4. If you need a tan – fake it.
We all love and enjoy the sunny weather. It seems that everybody is in a better mood when the sun is shining. However, don’t get carried away. Soaking up the sun without adequate SPF can seriously damage the health of your skin. As much as it’s necessary for the production of vitamin D, it’s also one of the biggest premature aging factors. That’s why you should make sure that the skincare products that you use have sunscreen filters if you want to have healthy and glowing skin.
5. Boost your vitamin intake.
Vitamin C is responsible for collagen synthesis and fights off free radicals like pollution and smoking. Citrus fruit and berries are all bursting with Vitamin C. Leafy greens, nuts, and seeds are rich in Vitamin E which is one of the key ingredients for glowing skin. Vitamin A is known as a promoter of fabulous skin. You can find it in milk, eggs, oily fish and some vegetables. These foods will promote new cell production, skin repair, and maintenance. Everything you need for healthy and glowing skin.
There you have it, the latest skincare trends when it comes to maintaining your skin healthy and beautiful. As you can see, you don’t have to make any grandiose changes in your routine. By implementing these steps regularly, your face will soon be glowing.
Helen Bradford is a journalism student who always seeks new ideas to write about. She enjoys blogging about beauty, health and style trends for women. When she’s not writing, she spends her spare time being active through fitness and traveling.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!