It is a fine sunny day, and you are relaxing on your porch while slurping your favorite iced mocha fusion shake. That delicious taste has just made your day even better. And, because of its tempting sweetness, you made another glass of it. You were enjoying so much that you even forgot that you just started your strict diet last week. What a shame! ha ha. Everything seems perfect from the hot weather down to your cold chocolate shake, until you felt a sudden pain in your mouth. A freaking toothache has just begun to haunt you! So, have you tried any “home remedies against toothache” way of treating the pain? Well if not then you better be!
Dental pain may be a simple type of disease but is definitely distracting, right? This unpleasant feeling ranges from mild to severe throbbing pain on the tooth or affected gum area.
Causes of toothache
The most common causes are gum-related infections, hypersensitivity, dental abscesses, tooth decay, dental trauma, damaged tooth fillings, or even a deeper health-related illness like Angina Pectoris ( A type of heart disease). You can always seek professional help to battle toothaches. However, you can also try alternative solutions without going directly to a dentist. And, that is by using some effective home remedies against toothache. This way, you can get rid of the pain without spending a lot of money. Plus you get to save a lot of time in just treating yourself at home rather than going to the clinic or hospital. I bet some of you are also into natural ways of treatments and prefers the organic solutions, right? So “home remedies against toothache” organic treatment is the best for you!
Treatments for dental pain
Here are the commonly-used treatments for dental pain that you can certainly apply at the comforts of your home.
First off, before applying any organic solution. Make sure to brush your teeth and if possible floss it to dislodge any remaining food particles trapped in between. It might hurt you even more while doing these two steps, but you really have to do it. Then, keep using your mouthwash as it is.
If in any case that there is some trauma to your tooth, apply a cold compress outside the cheek. This simple tip will diminish the swelling of the gum area.
Top Six Home Remedies Against Toothache
Results of home remedies against toothache may vary from person to person. What works for some people, does not work for others.e
* One of the safest drug-free solutions at home is salt water. It is one of the most widely-used organic substance in reducing bacteria level. Just gargle the saline solution for about 30 seconds and make sure to repeat this process every hour.
* A paste created from a mashed garlic clove with a dash of salt is also effective in reducing the pain. Garlic serves as an antibiotic which will lessen the bacteria on the affected tooth. Just simply apply the paste to your tooth. Or, if you’re tolerant enough, chew the garlic itself at least two to three times a day.
* Vanilla extract is one of the commonly used organic solutions against dental pain. Why? Because it has alcohol which is an effective numbing agent. Spreading it on the affected area will lessen the throbbing pain. You can also place a cotton ball that has been soaked with Vanilla extract on your tooth or affected gum.
* Applying clove oil into a throbbing tooth is another way of reducing the pain from it. You can use a cotton ball during application by putting a little amount and gently rub it to the tooth.
* Another natural substance that you can easily find at home is the hydrogen peroxide. This organic solution will not only wash bacteria away but will fight it out. Simply mix equal amount of water and hydrogen peroxide, and then gargle it for about 30 seconds. Make sure not to ingest it to avoid intestinal damage.
* A peppermint teabag has been one of the safest home remedies that you can use to treat toothaches. Since it has numbing component, it is effective in reducing the pain. Apply it on the affected area or tooth. By the way, the colder the teabag is, the better.
Isn’t it amazing? You can now use these organic substances at home to treat dental pain. Of course with the help of relevant knowledge and familiarity, these simple steps will do the tricks for you!
So if you have a nasty toothache, you can always follow any of the given “home remedies agains toothache” methods to reduce the pain. If it heals you, then great! However, if the swelling and pain persist, do not hesitate to consult a doctor.