A burn is a very traumatic injury, caused by fire, chemicals, steam, electricity, or any other form of
heat transfer to the skin (our biggest organ). Burns on less than 10% of the body surface is
considered minor. An entire hand is 1% of the body surface. You can use home remedies for burns for these injuries. In minor burns herbs and homeopathic medicines have remarkable success relieving pain and speeding up healing.
There are three types of burns and they are classified by their severity.
First degree burns: Are the ones to the top layers of the skin, the area becomes red and painful a sunburn is an example of the first-degree burn.
Second degree burns: These are the ones that go deeper damaging more layers of skin, the skin becomes red, extremely painful with blisters.
Third-degree burns: These are the most serious of them all, the entire thickness of the skin is destroyed in some cases muscle and other tissues are damaged, there is little pain involved as most of the nerves are burned and the brain is unable to sense pain, the skin turns red or white, without proper care, the area may become infected sometimes it turns yellow or black. In severe burns, a skin graft may be needed.
Types of burns:
A first degree burns -it affects only the superficial layer of the skin and is mild.
Second-degree burns -it affects the epidermis, the superficial layer and also dermis, the deep layer of skin
Third-degree burns -it affects the deep layer of skin, nerve endings, and blood vessels that may be destroyed.
Preventive health maintenance is very important. Many diseases often have no advance symptoms. So even if you feel well you can identify them before they become advanced.
Here are over 20 ebooks which will help you to boost your overall health, lose your weight, improve your self-esteem and self-confidence
Causes of Burns:
· Electric current
· Scalding liquids
· Toxic fumes
· Kitchen accidents
Symptoms of Burns:
Symptoms of First Degree Burns => You can use Home Remedies for Burns for relieving pain and speeding up the healing
· Reddening skin
· Blistering of skin
· Peeling of skin
Symptoms of Second Degree Burns:
· Blistering of skin
· Extreme redness
· Fluid loss
· Pale, cold skin
· Blue tinge on fingernails and lips
Symptoms of Third Degree Burns:
· Burns may be numb and painless
· Dry, leathery skin
· Charred skin
· Accumulation of fluids
Prevention of burns:
· Handle hot objects and hot liquids carefully
· Follow household safety measures.
· Know about fire exit places in the home and workplace and shopping areas.
· Don’t wear long, loose sleeves while cooking.
· Children should be taught safety measures.
· Apply sunscreen before going in the sun to avoid sunburns.
IMPORTANT- Do not attempt to treat a third-degree burn yourself these types of injury are life-threatening and they require professional attention. Natural remedies can help after
hospitalization to prevent infection and boost immune system defenses.
In minor burns herbs and homeopathic medicines have remarkable success relieving pain and
speeding up healing.
Home Remedies For Burns
1. The first-degree burn can be treated by home remedies. Second and Third-degree burns need
immediate attention to the doctor
2. Applying a beaten egg on the burns cures it.
3. Apply ice packs to the burnt area for 10-15minutes.
4. Aloe vera is highly effective in treating burns. To apply aloe vera gel on the burnt area.
5. Applying papaya fruit over the burnt area helps in curing burns.
6. Apply olive oil or sunflower oil on burns. This heals the scalds, blisters.
7. Apply liquid paraffin or petroleum jelly on burns. This reduces cracks in skin and
8. Wrapping the burnt area with plantain leaf is a common method of treating burns
9. Applying extract of onion juice over the burn. This relieves pain.
10. Immerse burnt area in cold milk .this soothens the wounded area.
11. Applying lotions containing vitamin A or vitamin E helps in healing the wound caused by
12. Apply Colloidal silver this is a natural antibiotic and disinfectant if the burn is very
painful, use in a spray.
13. Apply a lotion made with vitamin A.
14. Take Vitamin C w/ bioflavonoids this is an antioxidant needed for the formation of
collagen. Studies have shown that high doses of vitamin C are very necessary.
15. Take vitamin E needed to prevent scarring.
16. Plantain leaves are a popular remedy for treating burns. These green weedy plants grow
practically anywhere in the world with sufficient water. Just don’t confuse this plantain
with the banana-like vegetable of the same name. Hit the leaf with a small hammer,
enough to smash just a little bit the plant than wrap the affected area with the leaf.