We are all supposed to exercise more for our health. But, during or at the end of our exercise workout, there is often pain to contend with. It is tempting to stop exercising to avoid the pain. But, exercise is important for improved health, having more energy, and enjoying a longer life. There are at least six things a person can do to help sore muscles during the workout and when the exercise regimen is done.
Muscle Soreness Relief
One of the most popular ways to relieve muscle pain at the end of the exercise is to use a pain-relieving creme. There is more information detailed on a new pain relief product. A new pain-relief product combines the traditional ingredient of capsaicin with CBD oil to treat pain on several fronts. The capsaicin (made from chili peppers) helps to reduce the intensity of the pain while the CBD reacts with the endocannabinoid receptors in muscles and joints to relieve inflammation, soreness, and stiffness.
CBD comes from the hemp plant. This all-natural pain creme helps people take less internal pain medication avoiding possible side effects. To use this creme, wash the area where the pain is, apply a thin layer of creme, and wait for the relief. Wash your hands after applying it to avoid getting eye or other irritation where the hands touch sensitive areas of the body.
More Ways to Relieve Sore Muscles After Exercising
or become sore the next day with delayed onset muscle soreness. This pain should get better within 24 to 48 hours. Pain lasting longer or extreme pain can be a sign of injury. In that case, a visit to a doctor would be in order.
For pain that is not a serious injury, a person can do these six things to feel better:
- Use an ice pack for muscles or joints that appear swollen and are warm to the touch. Keep the ice pack on for about 15 minutes to help reduce swelling. If the area is sore but not swollen, use a heat pack for 15 minutes to increase circulation and reduce pain.
- If you can afford it, go for a professional massage. The right type of massage, such as a trigger point sports massage, can relax stiff muscles and soothe the muscle pain.
- Before starting and at the end of an exercise regiment, use 10 minutes to stretch or warm-up. This might include walking, arm swings, and marching in place.
- If you have overdone it and are in pain, don’t stop exercising entirely. Use your muscles for a light activity like walking, yoga, cycling, or swimming. This speeds up the lactic acid build-up elimination, which will help you heal. Light exercise will get your blood moving to the sore areas with needed oxygen and nutrients to help with muscle and joint repair. But, do not exercise hard enough to cause additional damage to the muscle tissues already hurting.
- Try soaking in a warm bath to loosen tight painful muscles. The warm water increases blood circulation. This will lead to temporary pain relief.
- Keep hydrated before, during, and after your workout. Water keeps fluids moving all around your system and delivers nutrients to the muscles. Water can also help reduce inflammation.
A Healthy Lifestyle Helps
People who are starting or continuing with exercising and daily workouts need to keep themselves healthy in many ways. It is important to be eating a healthy, balanced diet. A person should eat within 30 minutes of finishing the workout, and that food should include protein and carbs. Proteins provide amino acids to the muscles to help them rebuild. Carbohydrates help replenish the fuel stores in the muscles. Don’t stave yourself when you are working out.
A person may not connect sleep with preventing or reducing pain from sore muscles and joints. But, sleep is very important for exercise injury recovery. NREM sleep increases repair steps such as protein synthesis and muscle repair. Experts recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
It is also important to limit the use of NSAIDS or anti-inflammatory drugs. The pain pills may give a person temporary relief, but they will also prevent sore muscles from growing back bigger and stronger. It would be better to use topical pain relief cremes that reduce the side effects.
Alter Your Exercise Regimen
Another important consideration in reducing pain from exercising is to alternate types of exercises from day to day . This allows different sets of muscles to be used and avoids over-stressing the same set of muscles over and over. This will also give you a more balanced exercise regimen over time. Another consideration is to get the help and advice from a physical fitness professional at a local gym or health club. The exercises you do should start at a low, easy level and build up in difficulty as your muscles develop and you gain strength.
Overdoing exercising at the beginning, or doing the exercises wrong will often lead to painful muscle injuries. This is a cause of people giving up on working out regularly. But, getting a good exercise plan that is geared to your strengths and physical condition will help you to improve your strength and overall health as time goes by. A personal trainer is worth the fees you will pay.
Exercising wisely with a good regimen suited to you will yield great health benefits. Taking care of your health in every way will make it easier to exercise without injuring yourself. As you get used to one level of exercise, you can increase the difficulty one step at a time until you reach the workout goal you want. Eating healthy foods, hydrating before, during, and after working out, and getting enough sleep at night will help your muscles grow and become stronger as you continue with regular workouts.
Other very important things to prevent exercise injuries and pain are to avoid smoking and other unhealthy habits and keep your weight at a healthy level. Every part of your lifestyle is connected to every other part.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!
I would love to connect with you!