There are various home remedies for acne but not all of them will work for you. One remedy will be great and work perfectly for you but on the other hand it can be a total disaster to another person. This is because we have different types of skin and they respond differently to solutions.
With all being said and done, getting rid of acne with some effective home remedies for acne is possible. What you need is the right information on the home remedies for acne that will work for everyone and that are safe to apply.
So, keeping this in mind, here I have gathered for you some of the best home remedies for acne.
Let’s discuss them one by one in detail…
5 Best Home Remedies For Acne Treatment
1. Try a Yogurt Face Mask
The first step to get rid of stubborn acne is by cleansing. Yogurt is the best natural and gentle cleanser. Apart from that it has antibacterial characteristics that are quite useful when it comes to fighting bacteria. Another benefit is that it is packed with probiotics that are capable of improving pesky skin conditions such as acne.
You will need plain yogurt and oatmeal to make a good face mask. The oatmeal acts as a gentle exfoliator.
How to Use?
- Take a handful of oatmeal and mix with two tablespoons of plain yogurt to form a paste.
- Keep this paste in the refrigerator so that the oatmeal can absorb the yogurt.
- After that, apply the paste on your entire face and wait for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process on alternate days for at least 1-2 weeks to see the desired results.
You May Like: 5 Amazing DIY Face Masks for Naturally Glowing Skin
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also used in the treatment of various skin conditions including acne due to its antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics.
Bacteria are the main culprit in causing acne and tea tree oil helps to combat the bacteria and kill them. This in turn fastens the healing process of the acne.
Similarly, the antiseptic properties of tea tree oil help to prevent the occurrence of blemishes from acne and also ensure, it does not spread to other areas on the skin.
How to Use?
- To treat acne, dab some tea tree oil onto the acne spots.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes, before washing it off with normal water.
- You can do this twice a day until the blemishes heal.
Please Note: If you are conscious about using tea tree oil directly or you have a sensitive skin then you can mix it with any carrier oil like coconut oil and then use it.
3. Cucumber for Acne Treatment
You can use cucumber for not only the treatment of acne but also to prevent its breakout. This is because cucumber is packed with various nutrients that are needed for the nourishment of the skin.
For instance, it contains vitamin A, C and E that make the skin healthy. It also reduces the production of oil by the skin that is responsible for the cause of acne.
How to Use?
- The remedy is simple as all you have to do is to slice some cucumbers and place them directly on the affected spots.
- Wait for about 20 minutes before you wash it off with normal water.
There is another simple way of using it. So, let’s discuss it as well.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut or slice it.
- Put the pieces in a bowl of clean water and let them soak for about an hour.
- All the nutrients that are in the cucumber will be diffused into the water.
- Strain and drink this water or use it as a facial wash.
With a regular use of it you will start seeing noticeable results.
If you have some mild acne, toothpaste works quite well to dry them out so that they heal faster.
Toothpaste works the same way a face mask does. It absorbs any excess oil that may be logged in the skin pores causing the development of acne.
Ensure that the toothpaste you choose to use on your acne is not made from gel nor has whitening ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide. Such harsh ingredients can cause irritation to sensitive skin.
Before you apply toothpaste, make sure you put an ice pack on the area with the acne. This is supposed to soothe the skin and tightens the skin pores.
Afterwards, apply some toothpaste on the acne spots and wait for at least half an hour before washing it off.
Honey has many benefits for the skin. It is also an effective remedy for acne treatment. Honey cleanses the pores and also helps in getting rid of toxins and excess oil that causes the breakout of acne.
It is also antimicrobial and helps to fight bacteria. When you apply honey on your skin blemishes and scars left behind by the acne will be eliminated exposing a clear and bright skin.
How to Use?
- Use a cotton swab to apply honey directly on the affected area with the blemishes.
- Let it sit for half an hour and then rinse it off with some normal warm water.
- Repeat the process daily for at least 1 week to start seeing the desired results.
Please Note: Honey is suitable for all skin types so you can apply it without any risk.
Acne is something which could occur to anyone. So, if you are also suffering from it then simply apply the above mentioned home remedies for acne to get rid of it fast.
Finally, I would like to say that also try to find out the root cause of your acne and try to avoid it as well because only then you will be able to treat it properly.
If you liked this article then don’t forget to share it.
Read more: Would You Like To Know Which Anti-Acne Products Really Work?
Most Acne Treatments promise a miracle, but once you buy them, you are disappointed that they don’t work as well as you thought. Here, we look at what is in those acne treatment products that helps them get rid of acne. That’s how we eventually narrowed down an extensive list of acne products to just a few that we think are the best on the market today.
Hello Readers !! Natalie and Caitlyn Bell are the founders of Healtholine, They started Healtholine to provide a platform where they could share informative articles related to health, fitness, beauty, weight loss etc Natalie is a featured author at various authoritative blogs in the health and fitness industry. Connect with both sisters to know more.