We all remember what it was like to be a teenager, right? It was that period when you went to sleep every night worried about one thing; finding a pimple on your face in the morning, and unlike, you couldn’t just google it and find a solution named “skin care tips for teens.”
And now to the point; we have all been there, and while there is no inappropriate age to start taking care of your skin, applying these tips as early as in your teen years could be beneficial to your general skin health in the long run.
Before diving into the article, however, please note the following points down:
– It is important to know the type of skin you have: is it a normal, oily, dry, or combination type?
– You are going through some hormonal changes, and coupling that with the factors that clog skin pores (like sweat), the need to take care of your skin increases.
– You need to develop a routine that will ensure you take care of your skin.
Understand your Products
You are a teenager, we know, but when your skin is involved, you have to think with your head and not your need to fit in or use the most expensive products. I am not saying expensive is bad, I am simply warning you of buying a product because of its fame without understanding how it works.
Knowing your skin type, you should be able to use that to categorize the products that suit you; you don’t want to risk making the problem worse, do you? Ask for guidance if you have to, and never use too many products on your skin all at once.
Diet Counts towards your Skin Health
Please don’t eat too much junk, or drink too many sodas (those are lots of empty calories too). Eat the regular pizza, and even add a burger to the order, but make sure that it’s not all you eat. Your diet needs to be balanced. Include vegetables, proteins, and milk products in your meals as well.
Here are some other
Basic skin care tips for teens that you should know:
– Before going to bed, clean off your makeup to allow your skin to breath as you sleep. This is a notorious causal factor of acne and rashes.
– Drink eight glasses of water per day; it will help your skin shine and make it suppler.
– Regular exercise will take care of your skin for you, but make sure you get enough rest before and after exercising.
– Moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated.
– Don’t break your acne and if it pops, clean it up as soon as possible. Otherwise, treat your acne and let it heal on its own; you may cause further skin damage if you interfere.
– Don’t forget the thinnest and most delicate part of the face. Get rid of bags under the eyes by investing on the right eye cream, drinking enough water, and making sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Skin Care Tips for Teens: The Routine
Remember three steps; cleansing, toning, moisturizing…in that order (CTM).
Start by cleaning your skin using face wash; do this twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed. Pamper your skin gently when cleansing it.
Use a natural toner, like rose water, to clean all the dirt an oil out of your skin. Use a cotton ball to dab the toner on your skin lightly.
The final step is moisturizing, regardless of whether you have a dry or an oily skin.
This is one of the free skin care tips for teens: use sunscreen if you are going to spend most of your day under direct sunlight.