Stretch marks might just be everybody’s worse nightmare, but they are more common than any other physical condition there is. They can be as a result of pregnancy or other physical changes that stretch out the skin, and the worst part is that they appear almost anywhere on the body. They have no side effects, but this doesn’t mean you have to feel unattractive when there are simple home remedies for stretch marks.
The Simplest of the Home Remedies for Stretch Marks: Sugar
The longer they stay on your body, the rougher and dryer they get, and to think that you have had the perfect exfoliate with you all along.
– In a bowl, mix a teaspoon of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice, and almond oil
– Rub the mixture on the skin with stretch marks and leave to set for five minutes
– Scrub the paste gently on the area in circular motions for five to ten minutes
– Clean the area using warm water and moisturize with olive oil or almond oil
– Do this regularly for the best results
The Olive Oil-Honey Miracle
As home remedies for stretch marks, these two ingredients work to brighten, lighten and moisturize the skin.
– Mix a teaspoon of honey with three tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl
– Clean the stretch marks areas with warm water and dry before applying the mixture
– Leave the honey and olive oil on the skin for 45 minutes after applying
– Clean the area with cold water
– If you have had the stretch marks for a long time, mix in some 5 or 6 drops of lemon juice
Beauty is said to be skin deep, but is it really? Potato juice can heal the skin from the inside and works to reduce the appearance of stretch marks in no time.
– Grate a medium sized raw potato and press the juice out using your palms
– You can add a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply the mixture onto the stretch marks with a cotton ball
– Leave it to set and once it does, apply another layer to the same area and leave to dry
– Do this 4 to 5 times to ensure the juice penetrates the skin
– Wipe the area with a damp cloth and moisturize to remove any resulting dryness
Because they contain amino acids and proteins, egg whites act as great home remedies for stretch marks.
– Mix eggs whites thoroughly and after dampening the affected area of your skin, apply the mixture generously
– Leave the layer on until it dries
– Clean the area using cold water and moisturize with some olive oil
– Repeat the process each day for at least four weeks for the best results
You simply have to cut a lemon in half and using one portion, rub the juice onto the stretch marks.
Leave it on for 45 minutes then clean with a moist towel
You may feel some itchiness initially, but if it gets too much for you to handle, clean it off immediately
Some other home remedies for stretch marks include Aloe Vera gel, cocoa butter, and castor oil. Cosmetic cures for stretch marks will cost you a lot of money, and it is never a guarantee that will clear the marks up.
You have to understand that stretch marks take time to disappear completely, so if you do not see the results within a few hours, take a breath and keep at it.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS/VIEWS BELOW