by Dr. Sohil Guntagani , Contributing author and health professional expert
If you feel a constant throbbing pain at the left side of your chest, then it must be because of the high level of cholesterol in the blood. The good news is that you need not to worry your head off over it. Sit back and relax because there are a host of home remedies for high cholesterol that can address its symptoms and do away with all kinds of cardiac risks.
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a type of organic molecule which is essential for the formation of the structure of animal membranes and cellular development. However, the presence of excess cholesterol in the body poses to be a grave cardiac problem. Cholesterol is produced by the hepatic cells of the liver, and the secondary source of cholesterol are animal products like meat, dairy products, eggs, and more.
The excess consumption of foods that are high in cholesterol and trans fatty acids induce the hepatic system to increase the level of cholesterol beyond the average level which then causes cardiac problems like stroke, atherosclerosis, heart attack, etc. Factors like heredity, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, hormonal imbalance, etc affect the level of cholesterol level in the body.
High cholesterol is an extremely prevalent condition that has hit the generation of today, but almost 75% of the population doesn’t pay heed to it. One out of every 3rd adult in the US suffers from high cholesterol that increases their chances for cardiac arrests and other ailments.
Top 10 miraculous home remedies for high cholesterol
1. Clove Essential Oil
- Essential oil is great for lowering high cholesterol levels and promoting blood circulation, as It has potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clove essential oil also helps in reduced blood clot of the body as it contains Omega-3 fatty acids. Eugenol, which is a prime ingredient that is found in cloves acts very effectively as platelet booster.
Preventive health maintenance is very important. Many diseases often have no advance symptoms. So even if you feel well you can identify them before they become advanced.
Here are over 20 ebooks which will help you to boost your overall health, lose your weight, improve your self-esteem and self-confidence
2. Coriander seeds
- Extensive research reveals that coriander is incredibly essential for decreasing the level of cholesterol in the body.
- It is also remarkable for lowering the level of triglycerides in the body.
- Coriander bears a hypoglycemic effect in the body and is therefore suitable for the natural cure of diabetes as well.
- Drink coriander tea on a daily basis for the cure of high cholesterol.
- The red onion is one of the most effective home remedies for high cholesterol.
- The consumption of onion juice not only helps in the reduction of bad cholesterol but is also good for the increase in the level of healthy cholesterol in the body.
- Blend a teaspoon each of onion juice and organic honey to make a mixture. Take the mix on a daily basis to ward off the risks of heart attack and cardiac strokes.
4. Indian gooseberry
- Amla or Indian gooseberry is a potent hypolipidemic agent. It helps in the reduction of the concentration of lipid in the blood serum.
- The International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences reveals that Indian gooseberry possesses powerful hypolipidemic, anti-atherogenic, and antihyperlipidemic properties that work in unison to bring down the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Add a teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach to bring down the level of cholesterol.
5. Apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is incredibly useful in the reduction of the levels of triglyceride and cholesterol.
- It is not only one of the best home remedies for cholesterol but also incredibly useful for the cure of respiratory infection, gout, high blood pressure, and other ailments.
- Add a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of lukewarm water and drink the infusion on a daily basis for the natural cure of cholesterol.
6. Orange juice
- Drinking fresh orange juice thrice a day on a daily basis is one of the simplest home remedies for high cholesterol.
- Orange juice is rich in flavonoids, folate, and vitamin C which is essential for reducing the level of cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Choose the sterol-fortified variety of orange juice for the effective reduction of cholesterol.
7. Coconut oil
- Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid that is essential for increasing the level of good cholesterol and improving the ratio of LDL to HDL.
- Make sure that you eat raw and organic coconut oil. Add two teaspoons of coconut oil to your food and consume it to bring down the surging level of cholesterol.
- Starting the day with a bowl of oatmeal stirred in with nuts and berries is one of the most delicious home remedies for high cholesterol. It possesses beta glucan and soluble fiber and can reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the blood.
- The consumption of oatmeal on a daily basis helps to lower cholesterol effectively.
9. Fish oil
- Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of high cholesterol.
- The consumption of fish oil helps in the reduction of the levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood. It also aids in the prevention and cure of cardiac ailments.
10. Red yeast rice
- Red yeast rice is rich in monacolins that work to inhibit the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. Red yeast rice is rice that is fermented by the action of the monascus purpureus yeast.
- Red yeast rice is available in local drug stores in the form of supplements. Take 1200-2400mg of red yeast rice supplement capsules for the natural treatment of high cholesterol.
- Nuts contain fiber and plant sterol which makes it one of the best home remedies for high cholesterol. Walnuts are especially useful for the natural treatment of high level of triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Eat a handful of roasted nuts on a daily basis to fight the symptoms of high cholesterol.
High cholesterol is a direct effect of an unhealthy lifestyle, bad food habits, obesity, smoking, drinking, etc. It is of utmost significance to adopt a healthy and balanced lifestyle and daily diet to beat high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, and strokes. It is imperative to include physical exercises and regular workout to keep a check on your cholesterol level. Follow through with a combination of home remedies for high cholesterol and enjoy a healthy and hearty life.
Dr.Sohil is a health professional who has an undying love for writing and an immense need to empower people with knowledge about home remedies, natural cure, fitness, and power yoga. He is someone who follows what he preaches and who has contributed a lot of medical articles for many a website, primarily to www.howtocure.com. In his free time, you can find him catching up with movies, going to treks and spending time with his dog.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!