When it comes to your skin, you want to give it the best treatment possible. After all, it faces all of the daily wear and tear of life. Over time, though, the skin can become dull and lifeless to look at. More often than not, this is due t the accumulation of dead skin cells on your skin. The top layer of your skin is the one which faces most of the wear and tear. Sometimes, even after regular exfoliation, it can be tough to get rid of these dead cells. But, thanks to innovations in technology, you can now get rid of this layer of skin, to help a healthier and glowing skin emerge with the help of something known as microdermabrasion.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a mechanical exfoliation of the skin. Typically, it is performed by a trained professional; however, it can be self-administered at home as well. This procedure involves the use of a handheld applicator or wand from which crystals or diamonds with are “sandblasted” on to the skin, and they exfoliate and remove the dead cells from the skin. These crystal or diamond tipped machines simultaneously expels crystals while also sucking the used ones in along with the dead skin. The skin interprets this exfoliation as a minor injury and works on building a healthy new layer of skin. Thus, it leaves your skin looking glowy and flawless. This procedure is gaining a lot of popularity, primarily as a pre-facial routine.
What Are The Benefits Of This Procedure?
Microdermabrasion can be an expensive procedure, and it takes up to several sessions before you can see the results that you want. Eve with at home kits, the upfront cost of some of the machines is enough to make you think twice about purchasing them. Hence, many people may be a bit hesitant about the idea.
However, microdermabrasion has many benefits for your skin. Additionally, this procedure can also be performed by you in the comfort of your own home, which makes it quite tempting. If you are still unsure about whether or not you want to give this treatment a try, then the following list f benefits are sure to convince you:
Preventive health maintenance is very important. Many diseases often have no advance symptoms. So even if you feel well you can identify them before they become advanced.
Here are over 20 ebooks which will help you to boost your overall health, lose your weight, improve your self-esteem and self-confidence
Top 10 Benefits of Microdermabrasion; How Do They Work?
- First and foremost, this treatment tackles several skin problems at once. Hence, it has a broad range of skin problems that it can help alleviate. People who may be suffering from mild acne, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, blemishes, and scarring, as well as dull skin may benefit from this treatment. This procedure is nothing but a more intensive exfoliation of the skin, and it can be beneficial for all skin types every once in a while. Since it can be sued for such a wide range of skin problems, many people are keen to try this procedure, and add it to their skincare regime.
- This procedure is easy to perform and quite safe as well. In order to treat the skin problems mentioned above, many people may opt for more intense procedures such as laser or chemical treatments. However, microdermabrasion produces excellent results and is much safer and gentler on the skin.
- Unlike other professional treatments, microdermabrasion can also be performed at home. Several professional-grade machines are available for home use. The devices also come with pre-set settings to ensure that you do not harm the skin if you are not a professional. Additionally, since this procedure can be performed at home, you can tackle all areas of the body which you may feel is in need for some great exfoliation.
- As mentioned above, the skin interprets this procedure as a minor injury and hence, works on building a new layer of skin. This generation of new skin cells helps improve blood circulations as well as the circulations of lymphatic fluids deep within the skin. The increased and improved circulation of these fluids, in turn, help supply more nutrients and oxygen to the skin, making it healthier and softer. This circulation also helps improve the elasticity of the skin, making it firmer.
- The size of the pores on your face is to a large extent determined by your genetics. However, over time, there are many things which may cause them to enlarge. One of the main reasons why your pores may become bigger is a blockage. Sometimes, dead cells, oil or other impurities may get embedded into your pores causing them to enlarge. However, with the help of microdermabrasion you can easily get rid of these impurities, and thus, reduce the size of your pores and give your skin a smoother look.
- Microdermabrasion improves the circulation of blood to your skin and helps in deep cleansing your skin. This, it prepares your skin for your skin regime. Hence, any product that you apply to your skin after this treatment is absorbed more deeply into the skin, and thus, the effectiveness of your products are amplified.
- Microdermabrasion works on smoothing out your skin surface gently; this process also promotes the production of collagen in your skin, which helps fight wrinkles and fine lines. Thus, this procedure is a helpful addition to your anti-aging skin regime.
- By removing the dead layers of your skin, this process helps brighten the skin immediately. Over time, with regular treatments, this also helps fade pigmentation and spots as new layers of the skin appear on your face. Additionally, by removing old layers of skin, it also helps eliminate any scarring which may be on your face.
- As mentioned above, this procedure is safe and easy enough that you can perform at home. But, what makes it the ultimate go-to treatment is that it is non-invasive. It helps improve the quality of your skin simply by exfoliating it, and without using any penetrative objects. It is gentle on your skin and does not leave it feeling raw. Once you have completed the initial sessions you will be able to maintain the results with once a month facials which include microdermabrasion. Hence, it is not difficult for you to maintain the look of your skin.
- It is the ultimate exfoliation for the skin. Although you may be using scrubs and exfoliating creams n the daily, nothing beats the results of microdermabrasion. This treatment completely transforms the look of your skin, and you will see visible changes even after one session. It helps your skin glow and removes any dullness from the face. No type of exfoliator can beat the results of a microdermabrasion treatment.
Microdermabrasion Machine helps you completely transform the skin. However, depending on your skin type and problems, it may take you a few more sessions until you are able to see the results that you want. When you are pursuing this treatment make sure that you strictly follow the aftercare regime. Although this procedure is gentle on the skin, the removal of the upper layer of dead skin may leave the skin that emerges feeling sensitive. Hence, after every treatment, you must make sure that you moisturize your skin, and liberally apply sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to the sun. After a microdermabrasion session, your skin may be more irritable and react easily to products, so you must treat it with gentle care.
Munira Saleh is the Founder and Blogger at Reviewsicon.com . Formerly a Teacher, her passion for writing got her into Blogging. She started her blog to provide a platform where she could post all things related to Product Reviews.
Liked this article ? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!