Nowadays, home remedies for gout are the first thing gout sufferers turn to during an attack when medications prescribed by health professionals do not seem to take effect. Your first gout attack can be disturbing enough, and gout usually becomes more frequent and more painful with time. So when you find yourself at home, already suffering from the first signs of a painful gout outbreak, home remedies for gout can be your first line of defense against an attack. In this article, you’ll discover several resources you can use at home to help alleviate the pain of gout with home remedies for gout.
1. The best gout home remedies are still the conventional ways that people have become accustomed to. This includes the application of ice in the affected area. The application of ice or cold packs can reduce pain. This will work in as little as 10 to 15 minutes. If pain persists, you can also take medications like ibuprofen in easing joint pain.
2. Another item that plays a great role in treating gout is fruit rich in potassium, zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin C. Cherries (and strawberries) have an ample supply of these minerals and vitamins, as well as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps lower the pain-causing uric acid levels in your body.
3. Getting plenty of water into your system is also advisable. This excretes uric acid toxins out of your bloodstream. Try to drink up to 7 glasses a day, or at least as much as you can manage.
Home Remedies For Gout You Should Know
Gout is a very prominent disease that has had many names historical, from the Greek name of the Four Humors, to gouty big toe. It is a common type of arthritis that happens when the uric acid in the blood builds up and crystallizes in a person’s joints. Individuals who suffer are not able to break down and get rid of the uric acid which is a byproduct of the digestion of some foods.
It can occur suddenly, and the attacks can last from a day to weeks. It causes sore toes and feet. It is also called gouty arthritis and can appear in ears, the heel of your hand as well as the joints of the body. It is also associated with diabetes, kidney disease, and high blood pressure.
There are many remedies for gout; most are pharmaceutical but there, are also some home remedies that can help a person who is dealing with this issue. Traditional medicine will prescribe NSAIDS for those who suffer, this is an anti-inflammatory medication, which in conjunction with other drugs usually bring relief but also side effects which lead many to seek out home remedies and a natural cure.
The following Home Remedies have proven effective when it comes to gout. Results may vary from person to person.
1. Belladonna is a plant in the Solanaceae order. Belladonna is also a narcotic which can cause serious side effects so should be used with great caution. The benefits of Belladonna are equal to its side effects, however, so the homeopathic remedy is a worthy one.
2. Another powerful home remedy is the use of black cherry juice. To be of use the cherry juice should be concentrated in form. Take several tablespoons of the concentrate daily, and relief should be felt in about 48 hours. Black cherry lowers the amount of uric acid in the blood which is one of the leading causes of pain in the joints for those suffering from this issue. A study done at a California University found that eating a serving of cherries lowered the blood uric acid levels in a woman by as much as 15 percent.
Cherries are rich in the compounds that stop collagen breakdown which is what the body uses to form connective tissue, and it is these connective tissues that are damaged by gout. This home remedy has been used for hundreds of years with success and is now becoming more popular in the western countries.
3. A third natural cure for gout is the use of red clover. This traditional remedy has been a standard because it removes toxins from the body. It also thins the blood and so should be used with care with those suffers who are taking anticoagulant medications. Red clover is a legume which has phytoestrogens which are plant based chemicals similar to estrogen. It also contains tocopherol, which is a form of vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight cancer, heart disease, and gout among other diseases
4. It would also be more soothing if you soak your feet in Epsom Salt. This is applicable if the pain is more intense in the toe part. Epsom Salt can alleviate and appease aching muscles. This also helps in the healthy circulation of the blood and helps in cleansing and washing out toxins from the body.
Here are Home Remedies for gout from Dr. Izharul Hasan
These Home Remedies for gout are from book Encyclopedia of Home remedies for better life
5. Make an ash by torching the “Indian Reed – Mace” leaves and mix this ash with sesame seed oil. Applying of this solution on gout affected area helps give relief and also helps to cure gout.
6. As there is a saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. We can trust apple to keep also the Gout away. A person with gout complaints must eat at least one apple per day for obtaining relief.
7. Drinking 6-8 ounces glasses of fluid a day not only reduces gout attacks a day but also wash out the urate crystals from the system and prevent you from developing kidney stones.
8. Drink the half cup juice of French beans every day for a month once or twice.
9. Bananas are a good home remedy for curing Gout. Consume 3-4 bananas a day.
10. One of the important home remedies to treat Gout is to soak a piece of white flannel cloth in warm castor oil and place it over the affected areas.
11. Boil one teaspoon of pepper in one cup of vinegar and one cup of water, dab this mixture onto the painful joint and leave it for 2-3 hours.
12. GOUT TEA*
4 teavoons agrimony leaves
2 tablespoons queen of the meadow root
2 cups boiling water
Combine the herbs in a glass container and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o
minutes; cool and strain. Take half a cup, up to four times daily.
13. GOUT TEA **
1 teaspoon burdock root
2 tablespoons dandelion leaves
1 cup water
Combine the herbs in a pan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat; steep for 3o minutes; strain. Take up to one cup per day, a tablespoon at a time.
14. Alfalfa is a good source of minerals and other nutrients that help to reduce serum uric acid. Take 2,000 to 3,000 milligrams daily in tablet or capsule form.
15. Bilberry extract is a good source of anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins—powerful antioxidant compounds.
16. Boswellia and turmeric (curcumin) have powerful anti- inflammatory properties.
17. Apply cayenne (capsicum) powder, mixed with enough wintergreen oil to make a paste, to affected areas to relieve inflammation and pain. This may cause a stinging sensation at first, but with repeated use, pain should diminish markedly. Cayenne can also be taken in capsule or liquid form.
18. Celery seed extract contains numerous anti-inflammatory compounds.
19. Try using chamomile, lady’s mantle (yarrow), peppermint, or skullcap, in either capsule or tea form.
20. Devil’s claw and yucca can aid in relieving pain.
21. Other beneficial herbs include birch, burdock, colchicum tincture, hyssop, and juniper.
All these home remedies are worthy of more investigation if you suffer from gout. A natural cure and homeopathic remedies for gout are an interesting choice over traditional pharmaceutical medications and should be researched further