Each of us has been the recipient of a mosquito bite. Bites from a mosquito often result in a burning sensation and a red spot or a bump. Severe itching by scratching may lead to a broken skin which then leads to infection. Taking proper precautions can help limit bites and infestations. Many mosquito bites or strings provoke only a small reaction. Marks on the skin face usually disappear within two days, and there is no need for medical treatment. Sometimes, although rarely, an allergic reaction may occur.
How you may reduce side effects of mosquito bites
Results may vary from person to person. What works for some people, does not work for others.
1. Apply a cold compress or ice to help to relieve the swelling, redness, and the itch of the bite.
2. Crush plantain leaves, extracting the juice, and use it on the injured area.
3. You can reduce swelling, redness, and itch of a mosquito bite with bicarbonate of soda.
Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with water. Apply a paste from this mix on the mosquito bite. Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
4. Apply a peel of aon the affected area for 5-15 minutes. Rub the peel onto the skin occasionally.
5. Swelling, redness, and itch of a mosquito bite will be reduced with organic cider vinegar.
Mix one tablespoon of warm water and one tablespoon of organic cider vinegar. Apply this solution to the affected area with the cotton ball for 1-2 minutes.
6. Rub an aloe vera gel making a thin layer on the affected area.
7. Rub garlic clove directly onto the skin.
8. And in the end, I want to mention about applying toothpaste, only on the affected area. I suppose everyone knows about this, but I want only to remind you of this trick.
Home Remedy for mosquito bites
You may try with this Home Remedy. Results may vary from person to person. What works for some people, does not work for others.
800 ml olive oil
Ten tablespoons yellow St John’s wort
Mix them together in a glass jar
Cover and leave on sunny position for 40 days
Soak a cotton ball in the oil
Apply to the area where you have been bitten
Keep this solution in the refrigerator. You can use this solution for all skin infections, wounds, and burns.