What is a healthy life? You can’t say that you are living a healthy life if you only eat healthy food and practice every day. A healthy life is a long term commitment which includes a balanced diet, mental, physical and social well-being. When you live a healthy life, you glow with special positive energy, which may create a positive environment for every single person in your family. You may improve your health and live longer, because people who tend to live healthier, have a decreased percentage of catching a cold or any other illness.
What is a healthy life?
Every day we can find new articles about healthy food, healthy recipes, healthy juices and even good teas…
What is healthy?
The universal rule is: We have to eat a lot of naturally produced fruits and vegetables, and we should avoid animal fat.
Don’t try to prepare every health recipe and every health juices. Before you start with a healthy diet, you‘ll have to consult your doctor or nutritionist who will determine what your body need. Not everything is healthy for everyone. Even if the fruits and vegetables are naturally produced, they may not suit your organism. You have to eat balanced food rich with supplements that your body needs for healthy functioning. Don’t skip breakfast, lunch or an evening meal. Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Reduce intake of chocolates, crisps, nuts, biscuits, cakes, and ice-cream or soft sugary drinks.
You can see a lot of advertisements about herbs, tea or supplements. If you are in some kind of therapy, don’t take herbs, tea or herbs, supplements without consultations with your doctor. Some herbs may collide with the prescribed medicaments and lower their effects.
Take daily intake of supplements your body need with consultations with your doctor. What works for some people, does not work for others.
Try to answer these questions:
- Do you exercise on a regular basis?
- Do you stretch after sitting more than an hour?
- Do you walk at least 30 minutes daily?
- Do you move around at work?
- Do you move around at home?
- Do you sleep enough?
If most of your answers are NO, you are at risk of getting some diseases like cardiovascular diseases, stroke, type 2 diabetes, or cancer. Try to change your sedentary lifestyle and start with new one.
Everyone knows how much regular exercise and physical activity, lifestyle are important for our health.
They strength our immune system and boost our energy in a good mood.
If you don’t have time or money to go to fitness, aerobic, Pilates…
- Do stretches after every hour in sitting position
- Do exercises 3-4 times per week
- Do activities such as cycling, swimming 3-4 times per week
- Use a cross-trainer 3-4 times per week
- It is also crucial to sleep at least 8 hours.
Mental well-being is a very important component of living healthy. You may eat healthy food, do exercises every day, but if you have a stressful life you are at high risk of getting cardiovascular diseases, stroke, type 2 diabetes, or cancer.
The following are some steps for relaxation that may help you deal with everyday stressful situations.
- If you find yourself in a stressful situation take a couple of deep breaths to lower frustration and distress. Try to breathe slowly and feel your belly rising while inhaling and lowering while exhaling (diaphragm breathing). Lift your shoulders upwards, lower them down and relax them. Repeat 4-5 times and take a couple more deep breaths.
- When you are in a stressful situation, try and overcome the nervous straining. Massage your stress causing muscles. They are a group of muscles that during stress suddenly tense up and causes excretion of adrenaline. They are located on the back side of the neck and in the upper part of the back. Massage them continuously for 2-5 minutes, for the straining to go away.
- When you are in a stressful situation, don’t grind your teeth. Move your jaw left and right to relax the muscles.
- Herbs are also a great way for dealing with stress. Tea with relaxing effect have the best result, such as lavender, linden or lemon balm (Consult your doctor before using them)
Practice this as a habit
- Stay positive, no matter in what kind of situation you are.
- Read and practice motivation books
- Always be POSITIVE and laugh most of the time.
- Be aware of others feelings and respect the other people
- Be open towards new ideas and accept changes
- Be creative
- Always make decisions what is best for you and your family.
We all want to be around friends who support as all the time. We need them in every situation: when we are sad, when we are happy and when we need help. Don’t try to be alone. You can’t live a healthy life if you don’t involve the others. Be socially active and build your social network with real friends and supporters.
Now don’t ask yourself what is a healthy life? You know what it means to live a healthy life. Make a plan add few positive few goals in it. Take action to achieve them. Add a new goal every week. You can’t do everything at once. Making healthy life requires time. Make a commitment to yourself and start NOW.
Great article that hits the nail on the head. I agree that it is not one thing over another in terms of a healthy life. It is a combination of many things that contribute to a healthy lifestyle as you have mentioned.
I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for your comment
Pingback: 12 Nutrition Tips For Healthy Diet Plan - Healthy Lifestyle