Written by Dr. Izharul Hasan
https://www.facebook.com/ regimenaltherapy/?ref= bookmarks
Heartburn is a burning sensation and pain in the stomach and chest, behind the breastbone. The symptoms of heartburn are the following: bloating, gas, nausea, shortness of breath and/or an acidic or sour taste in the throat and mouth.
Heartburn is caused when hydrochloric acid, which is use to digest food, is release up the esophagus. On its way up the acid irritates the sensitive tissues in the esophagus and throat.
Usually the esophageal sphincter muscle contracts thus preventing the stomach acid from shooting up into the esophagus, but if this muscle is not functioning properly, the acid can slip past it and this is when heartburn symptoms start, however it is called Gastroesophageal reflux disease because of the muscle malfunction but it’s also known as dyspepsia, chronic heartburn or acid indigestion. If left un treated the repeated flow of acid through the esophagus can scar and produce changes in the cells lining, it can cause cancer later in life.
A hiatus hernia develops when the stomach bulges up into the diaphragm, this condition can also cause heartburn, other triggers for heartburn are alcohol drinking, smoking and eating acidic foods. If you are one of those people, that uses antacids, think about this next time you are about to take one. Antacids reduce nutrient absorption, such as, Iron and increase blood pressure they upset the kidneys and their relief is short.The best solution for heartburn is the use of herbs and vegetables.
· Alcohol intake.
· Unnecessary pressure on digestive tract.
· Certain antidepressants and sedatives.
· Sleep disorder.
· Rich and spicy foods.
Tips to get rid of Heartburn
· Drink a large glass of water at the first sign of heartburn, if the symptoms are not too
· Use Licorice to treat heartburn and stomach and esophagus ulcers.
· Drink Chamomile tea after meals to relieve heartburn.
· Drink Aloe Vera juice to heal the intestinal tract.
Home remedies for heartburn
1. Papaya chewable tablets can be purchase in health stores and they are helpful reducing heartburn.
2. Drink Aloe Vera juice to heal the intestinal tract.
3. Drink Chamomile tea after meals to relieve esophageal irritation.
4. Doctors are using Licorice to treat heartburn and stomach and esophagus ulcers.
5.Drink a large glass of water at the first sign of heartburn, if the symptoms are not too strong this will help.
6. Make a juice using raw potatoes. Wash the potato very well do not peel it, just place it in the juicer, mix it with some other juice for taste and drink immediately after juicing.
7. Mr. Lagadyn; a Fifteen year heartburn and acid reflux sufferer cures himself in less than a week and throws away all of his drugs. Boil peppermint leaves in a bowl of water for 4-6
minutes and strain the leave. Add honey to taste and take a sip of peppermint tea slowly.
8. Eat fresh Papaya or drink Papaya juice as Papaya is a natural heartburn remedy.
9. Bananas act as a natural antacid in the body easing heartburn.
10. Fennel seed is an aromatic herb that helps in digestive conditions through its compound ‘Anethole. Chew them half a tea spoon slowly after your meals.
11. Gradually suck a single piece of clove in mouth after meals.