Acne is an extremely common problem. The problem of acne takes an ugly turn when it leaves behind the scars that don’t go away easily. The acne scars are a sign that the acne has caused huge damage to your skin. Acne scars can last for weeks, months, or even years. Laser Treatments are the most effective and the fastest way to deal with the acne scars. However, laser treatments only help in improving the skin problem. Laser therapies never perfect the scars and are very much expensive than other forms of acne treatments. It is important to get rid of the acne before reducing the scars with the laser therapies.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera removes the acne scars and has anti-inflammatory properties which help in repairing the damaged skin. Both gel and juice are effective for acne.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil has proven antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to cure acne marks and also treats skin blemishes.
- Lemon Juice – It is a natural way to reduce scars caused by acne. It has natural bleaching properties that help in fading acne scars faster. Apply fresh lemon juice directly on acne scars. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Do this once every alternate day.
- Baking Soda –One common household thing you can use to treat acne scars is baking soda. It has exfoliating properties which helps in healing the scars. It fades the scar tissue layer by layer.
- Acne-Fighting Ingredients – Whenever figuring out which acne product to buy, familiarize yourself with the product ingredients before you buy. The most-effective ingredients are Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, tea-tree oil, AHAs, and clay. Revitol Acnezine cream has all such perfect ingredients that are capable of bashing aside the acne and the spots.
- Food rich in Vitamin A – Vitamin A has exfoliating properties. Preventing Vitamin A deficiency is very important for preventing acne. Include Vitamin A rich foods such as chicken, eggs, and dairy products or take supplements.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is very important if you want to keep your skin healthy. Speed up the healing properties and include Vitamin C rich food in your daily diet.
- Ice cube – Using ice cubes are a very easy way to reduce the acne scars. However, never apply it directly. Wrap an ice cube in a clean cloth and place it on the top of the pimple.
- Brightening face masks – Brightening face masks help in lightening the acne scars and reducing the dark spots. Apply it twice a week for effective results.
- Cucumber – Cucumber is very effective for acne. It treats acne and also improves the texture of the skin. You can consume or apply the juice to your skin. You can also mix it with plain yogurt, fuller’s earth or other effective ingredients to create facial mask.
Terry Carrico is a freelance writer and a mom of 2 from LA. A beauty enthusiast at heart, she shares diverse perspectives on the skincare industry in the US. With her write-ups, she gives women across all ages the inside scoop on skincare trends, cellulite solutions, skin brightening treatments and more.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!