Anybody who has had water retention before knows how uncomfortable it can be, not to mention painful. The swelling it causes on the feet and torso can result in stiff joints, weight gain, and in extreme cases, the retention may influence high pulse and high blood pressure. You might be asking yourself what causes this condition. It can occur because of a lack of physical activity, too much salt consumption, circulatory system problems, lymphatic system failure, kidney problems, or pregnancy. Regardless of the cause, the symptoms of water retention can be relieved naturally. Here is how.
Home Remedies for Water Retention
Using lemon juice will help cleanse the body of waste, extra liquids, and other toxins.
– Squeeze half a lemon into a cup of warm water
– You may choose to sweeten the mixture with honey before you drink it, and if you do this every day for several days, your retention symptoms should start to reduce.
This ingredient is considered the most powerful natural remedy for water retention.
– Mix a few teaspoons of parsley into a cup of warm water.
– Transfer into a pot and bring the mixture to a boil
– Let it cools for about 10 minutes
– Drink the mixture three times every day as is or enriched with a bit of lemon juice
These salts can help with water retention as well as bloating in the stomach. The component works through a process called reverse osmosis and involves the removal of any excess fluids and toxins from the body. Here is how to use Epsom salts to treat a retention condition:
– Mix two cups of the salts into a warm bath.
– Soak in the water for 15 to 20 minutes at least thrice each week
Onions contain components that purify the blood and help in urine production; thus preventing kidney stones. When it comes to retention, follow this procedure:
– Peel several onions and mix with 4 cups of water in a pan
– Sprinkle some salt and bring to a boil
– Drink the mixture three times a day for a few days.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This vinegar reduces sodium levels in the body, and since the latter keeps water in the body, the vinegar helps cure retention.
– Mix a teaspoon of apple cider into a glass of water
– You may add a tablespoon of the vinegar into the water for faster results
– Drink the mixture twice every day
– You can also mix the vinegar into hot water and dip your swollen feet in the mixture for about 10 minutes.
Stinging Nettle Root
This component removes unnecessary water from the body by stimulating urine production
– Mix one teaspoon of nettle root into a cup of warm water
– After it cools, drink the mixture a few times each day.
These seeds; besides helping the kidneys process sodium and water; help with digestion and prevent the accumulation of toxic matter in the body.
– Boil a teaspoon of fennel seeds mixed with a cup of water
– After the mixture is covered and left to cool for ten minutes, drink it three times a day.
Dandelions are rich in potassium and magnesium which help reduce sodium in the body and lower premenstrual swelling respectively.
– Boil a teaspoon of dry dandelion in a cup of water or 10 minutes
– Strain the mixture and consume it a few times each day
Dandelion might interfere with some treatments, so consult your doctor before drinking the mixture of taking dandelion pills.
Being high in potassium, magnesium, and calcium, cranberry juice accelerates the production of urine and hence treats water retention.
Simply drink a cup of sugar-free cranberry juice every day, or take cranberry pills as an option.
These oils stimulate the lymphatic system and aid in the drainage of liquids.
The essential oils with the best results are geranium oils, juniper, and cypress. Add 20 drops of the oil to your bath and soak for 10 to 15 minutes at least thrice each week
It may sound ironical, but it would also do you good to consume a large amount of water and avoid adding dehydration to the equation.
Consuming diuretic foods like watermelon, celery, cabbage, cucumbers, and pineapples is also a way to treat the condition. Lastly, frequent exercises and reduced alcohol consumption will provide you with an added advantage to overcome retention.
Liked this article? Share it to say “thanks!” Your support is much appreciated!
I would love to connect with you!
You can find me on TWITTER1, TWITER2, INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, or GOOGLE+
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS/VIEWS BELOW
Pingback: How to Get Perfect Hair: Seven Secrets to Having a Good Hair Day - Healthy Lifestyle
Pingback: 10 Amazing Night Sweats Remedies You Whip Up At Home - Healthy Lifestyle